Friday, November 13, 2009

Daylight savings

Now that it's daylight savings and winter is upon us, it is getting darker more quickly. I don't like walking Cooper when it's dark out because I live in a somewhat unsafe neighborhood and although there are people outside at 5:30, it's dark and scary and I get easily intimidated. I get home around 4:30 and I try my best to give Cooper at least a half hour walk.
This is not long enough for him. Cooper has become destructive in the house while I'm at work, sleeping, or at the gym. He normally chews and tears up trash, but it's gotten to the point where he will hurl his body at the bathroom door to get into the trash and when I come home, there's tissue and everything else scattered all over my place. I also worry that he eats some of the trash and it might cause a blockage.
I leave bully sticks out for him to chew on as well as those teeth cleaning chews. He goes through them quickly and loses interest. I try playing with him inside the house to burn off some energy. If he would actually run, I would run him around the block once or twice to really get him going. Instead, I try to walk as briskly as possible, sometimes even dragging Mr. Man behind me as I try to persuade him to exercise instead of tearing/eating/chewing on things inside my place.
Luckily, he hasn't gone for shoes anymore. He leaves all the electrical cords alone. He has left my iPod alone (and trust me, if he chewed that up Cooper would be dead). It just pisses me off when he eats bathroom trash. Stupid, stupid Cooper...

No comments: