Friday, May 22, 2009

Traveling

I have a lot of business trips coming up in the next couple of months. Luckily, most of them are short, 3-4 day trips but that means I'm having to leave Cooper almost every other week. David can usually dog sit but now he's on the project as well and I'm having a hard time finding someone willing to watch Cooper.
It's not that he's a horrible dog to take care of but he is dog aggressive and he tends to bark when he's feeling lonely and bored. I'm thinking of boarding him but I really don't want to do that. I'm hoping that some of my friends will be willing to watch him; most of the time, David and I aren't scheduled for the same sessions.
When I went over to David's last night to pick Cooper up, it was the first time that he jumped into my arms and started whining and crying. I think he was super excited to see me and finally go home since he was staying with Mitch for awhile. It was sweet and I liked that he missed me but I feel terrible because I'm leaving again soon. Plus, I think that the constant back and forth of bringing him to different homes is going to drive him crazy. He's really good at adapting to new surroundings but I just don't want him to be stressed out.
Oh well, poor Cooper. At least I have a whole week to spend with him before another trip :)

No comments: