Friday, March 20, 2009

Cooper on Capitol Hill

For the most part, I am completely moved into my new place. Sure, I have about 3 boxes that still need to be unpacked but it's filled with books and I'm not in a huge hurry to unpack those. Plus, I don't have book cases yet.
Anyway, Cooper seems to be enjoying downtown again. He really is out of shape though, he gets tired and starts lagging behind after 4 blocks. Now that I really look at him, he is a little on the chubby side. I'm hoping that constant walks for at least an hour and a diet will help him lose some weight. I'm also not sure if it's because he's shedding right now and is "poofier" than normal. Either way, he needs to lose a few pounds and get back into shape, that lazy dog.
I can't tell if he misses Pickle though. Cooper just sits on my bed and naps all day and when I come home from work he's usually either in his house or on the bed staring at the door. I started to worry that maybe he's depressed but thinking about it, when I came home to my old place with Pickle, Cooper would be lying on the couch anyway. I don't think he's bored; he never played with Pickle much when they lived together. He seems happier though, he likes his daily walks and I'm sure his stress levels have gone down since he doesn't have an overenthusiastic Pickle in his face all the time.
I'm dog sitting for my friend David and at least for this weekend Cooper will have some dog company. I still worry about Pickle and I hope the little guy is doing all right.

No comments: