Monday, December 14, 2009

Apathy

Last night Tyson and I were wrestling around and Cooper was sleeping in his house like always, not giving a shit even when I squealed out in pain. Tyson noticed and said, "Most dogs go ballistic when their owners are wrestling around with other people" and I replied, "Yeah, Cooper couldn't care less what happens to me."
My first dog Sari would literally go bananas when anyone hugged in front of her, pretended to hit each other, or mimicked any kind of physical contact. She would wedge herself between us and try to push us apart and she was the kind of dog that never jumped up on anyone. I can't even imagine what she would do to a stranger that was doing anything physical in front of her to her family; I would imagine that she wouldn't have a problem with biting them and bringing them down.
Cooper really could care less. Whenever I'm sad or cry, he slinks off into his house like, "Ugh! You're doing that again?! Jeez, I'm going over there until you stop that nonsense." If I wrestle around with anyone, he cocks an ear over and looks at me out of the corner of his eye like, "oh, she got this." If heaven forbid, I actually get attacked, Cooper wouldn't do shit. He would jump up on my attacker like, "Oh my God! A new friend! I love you!" He's a terrible guard dog and companion. The only thing he has going for him is that he is so gosh darn cute.

No comments: